6 bedrooms / 5 full baths / 3 half baths
8,844 sq. ft. home / 35,182 sq. ft. lot (~¾ acre)
This Grand Mediterranean Estate offers a private, gated setting on over three quarters of an acre of lush gardens, level lawns, groves of redwoods and a swimming pool. The southern exposure provides the perfect natural light throughout the home. Rich classical architectural detail is evident throughout the house. 5BR/4.5BA on upper level, 1BR/1.5BA on lower level.
- Gracious living room with rich molding detail expansive windows and marble fireplace adjoins the quaint sunroom which opens to the terrace
- Elegant formal dining room with marble fireplace and built-ins
- Handsome yet cozy wood-paneled library
- Stunning kitchen with custom cabinetry granite counters central island and spacious eating area with French doors to the deck and adjoining family room with built-ins
- Several main level rooms open to a sunny terrace for convenient indoor outdoor living and entertaining
- Upper level: five spacious bedrooms and four & one half baths – luxurious master suite with oversized bathroom, generous built in storage and walk in closets and French doors to private deck. Two other bedroom suites.
- Large recreation room with fireplace opens to the garden and additional private guest/au-pair quarters, wine cellar, abundant storage and an attached three car garage.
- Enjoy indoor/outdoor living in this private setting of over three quarters of an acre with a graceful terrace, expansive level lawns, private outdoor seating under the redwoods, exquisite gardens and a gated swimming pool. Lots of additional parking or sport court area.
Fun facts about 2 Glen Alpine and the architects
The house at 2 Glen Alpine was designed in 1924 by Williams and Wastel. It was built for Robert Dunn, a dentist, who invested in real estate and built several houses in Piedmont and office buildings in Oakland. Dunn and his wife had 5 children when they built this house and lived here for 20 years.
Architects Morton A. Williams and Ralph E. Wastel were well-respected architects who practiced together in the 1920s to the 1940s. They specialized in designing Period Revival houses and commercial buildings and designed several Period Revival houses in Piedmont. In addition to this grand Mediterranean design, they designed the large Tudor house up the hill at 52 Glen Alpine.