My goal in working with you is to make the process of buying a home as efficient and seamless as possible. It’s a process that is often fraught with tension and emotion, but I’ll do my absolute best to minimize your stress, and most importantly help you find exactly the right home with the best possible terms.
If it’s your first time as a homebuyer, I hope this section of my website helps explain the process. And if you’re a “repeat offender,” I hope you’ll find a few nuggets in here that you might not have picked up on your first, second, or third times around.
I am a fully-licensed, full-time real estate agent–and third-generation Piedmont resident. I abide by a strict Code of Ethics and will serve you with integrity and respect.
I work entirely on commission, which I receive only if I initiate and complete a transaction. I am compensated only when all of your needs have been satisfied and you take ownership of your new home.
A lot of my work is performed “behind the scenes”: previewing homes–including those listed on assorted FSBO websites–researching comparable sales, evaluating changing legislation and maintaining my professional credentials. For every hour I spend showing homes and touring neighborhoods, I spend numerous hours in preparation.
- Educate you about current market conditions and trends
- Email you daily property updates and open house guides
- Tour all potential properties in your price range and preferred neighborhoods
- Conduct daily searches for appropriate properties
- Provide neighborhood information on schools and resources
- Schedule immediate showings for new listings for appropriate properties
- Provide experienced counsel when writing an offer
- Provide you with a list of reputable lenders who are effective in the marketplace
- Provide you with a list of qualified and licensed inspectors
- Guide you through design recommendations and resources
- Be in constant communication with you, your lender and the title company in order to coordinate a successful close of escrow
- Review documents with you and your escrow officer at closing
- Be your resource for the following: Grubb Co. Home Owners Services List, reputable lenders, insurers, title companies; etc.
- You will receive a digital copy of your file at close of escrow. This includes your HUD-1 statement for tax purposes